My 1st Weekend

It's Sunday night and as my first weekend comes to a close I think I should recap of the past few days. . .

Friday
Nate was off work and I started out by going to the Chrio. Then we went to Solon to meet up with Mrs. Simpson for my birthday lunch and, suprisingly, I think I did really well :) I ate a few samples that I could have left where they were but it was small and killed my curiosity, so I'm ok with it. :)

Saturday
Yesterday we had almond flour pancakes. Thank God. They totally kept us full enough because I thought eating at our christmas party would happen at 2 or 3 and it didn't happen until like 6:30, which wasn't a big deal because Nate and I don't struggle with sugar.

Also, when given a sugar thing I was really suprised at how sugary I thought it was. Not only that, but over the course of 10hrs, with a tray of SO many christmas goodies and cookies I only had 2 buckeyes, 1 1/2 peanut butter fudge cube and a half a oreo. 1st off, that's amazing for me. 2ndly, the 1st buckey and 1/2 of a peanut butter cube were yummy, but the rest just didn't seem worth it. I think that's an important place to get to: content. I didn't eat like craZy. If I didn't eat them, I would have REALLY wanted to. Thought about it later. Felt deprived. And the next time I came in contact with anything similar I would have shoved my face and regreted it later. Now I can walk away with a "ehh" feeling and keep that in my back pocket the next time  I try to convince myself that it's "worth it." :)

Sunday
Today Nater and I had a salmon/bacon/avocado salad and later had steak and Brussel sprouts for dinner. We didn't "work out" but we rearranged the basement so we were moderately active and got something done at the same time. :)


I'm feeling good about my 2nd weigh-in on Friday! Tomorrow Nate and I are going to Ruby Tuesdays for my berday and then we're supposed to do something active to make up for me not being at the Rec 2m but I'm not sure what it'll be.

I'm really hoping I can keep this up but the only way that's going to happen is I don't make it about the numbers. I have to judge my sucess by how I feel and how my close fit. Not what size they are, but if it feels good to wear them. I pray Jesus will help me stick with this and keep Him and Nate in the front of my mind when I feel like caving in. :)

posted under , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

    My Hubby and Me :)

    My Hubby and Me :)
    Hiking during the Fall

    A Reidly Lifestyle

    I want to make some positive changes in my health by eating primaly and getting active so I can look and feel better. I also hope that by starting young I can lower my chances of health problems.

    I want to be all I can be for my God, my husband, and my future kids and I think a big part of that is taking care of myself so I can take care of them and serve God to the best of my abilities.

    I also thought I should blog about it ; ) Hope it goes well :)
Powered by Blogger.

Followers


Recent Comments