Today was a GOOD Day :)

Ok, so I made it: at the Rec 4 out of 4 days :) (I've decided to rejoice in small victories!) Even with the craZy weather yesterday.

I feel good about sticking it out, but I don't want to have the idea that this is a race - not a life time journey.

I want to do well. I'm not going to beat myself up if I fall short, but I don't want to use excuses or get off track. I trust that the more I keep with it, the better/easier/consistent it will be. One of the bigger reasons is because I don't want to ever say "I was doing good for a while" or "I just quit/gave up/got frustrated"

A lot of people put up a picture of the person they want to look like, some really fit model or athlete, but I couldn't think of any better motivation than a picture of my mom and dad toward their later life, that's really what drives me: I picture my mom and how heavy she was, with all her health problems it made it tough for my dad to take care of her. - I don't want to do that to Nathan. So I'll have a picture of us and a picture of my mom and dad.

Back to today, I did 3 Essencials with Nathan tonight! :) And eating went well too :) I'm hoping to see progress, but if I make that what's the most important, I don't think I'll finish. But results would be a great motivator/reward for all of this ; )

Also, Danae's gonna start her own weight-loss deal on my berday so I'm excited to have a partner in this and we can be there for each other so I'll definintely be praying for her.

I'm going to be very careful to not obsess about the scale and I'm focusing on my measurements after a month and a half. I think the date for me to really asses my progress will be Feb 28 :) Maybe it'll help me get through March and April :)

The other dates I'm looking forward to are Jan 21, Feb 4th, and Feb 18th. I guess we'll see what happens, how good I do :)

posted under , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

    My Hubby and Me :)

    My Hubby and Me :)
    Hiking during the Fall

    A Reidly Lifestyle

    I want to make some positive changes in my health by eating primaly and getting active so I can look and feel better. I also hope that by starting young I can lower my chances of health problems.

    I want to be all I can be for my God, my husband, and my future kids and I think a big part of that is taking care of myself so I can take care of them and serve God to the best of my abilities.

    I also thought I should blog about it ; ) Hope it goes well :)
Powered by Blogger.

Followers


Recent Comments