Just About There

Ok, I'm giving myself time to adjust to the idea of a PB lifestyle. When I start, I want to dive in, but I'd rather it be a plunge than a belly-flop so I'm trying to acknowledge the small things in my daily life that will make a big difference once I start: i.e. limiting surprises.

So today for instance, I didn't eat breakfast and waited till after my workout to eat lunch (a few bites of my stew from home before tutoring - I was definitely hungry at this point, and I didn't finish it. Which makes me think that maybe that's all you really need. And that "comfy stuffed" point I'm so used to, really isn't nessasarry to keep me full -- I still haven't finished the rest which I planned on eating right when I got home). Dinner was one piece of Lasana and a salad made of spinach, romaine, and leek. That's a lot less than I'm used to eating and I seriously don't feel hungry, weird, but I hope this continues!

The Good: Ok, I talked my friend Alan into walking with me. I was planning on the tred, but he wanted the walk-around which was no problem. I bought a lock for a locker (felt so official) and we worked it out. We walked for 40, even though I wanted to stop at 30. Not that I didn't like it, but my back and left knee were starting to bug me.
This is awesome for 2 reasons:
1. It's finals week and I can't believe I actually did it. Serious, I could totally excuse myself by figuring that I should calculate my final grades instead, but I was getting stressed about the final outcomes and decided that I needed to walk to clear my head. Alan coming along was a total plus :) On days when I am alone, I'll have to remember to bring my Zune and talk to Jesus <3
2. As I mentioned before, it's finals week. But I figured that my final ended at 12 and since that's the exact time I'll get out of school on MTWT, today would be a good way to see what it might look like to stay after and be committed. I know it was small, but I guess what I'm saying is that I know this is going to be a huge head game for me: getting myself there is way harder than whatever I have planned once it's time to start. So hopefully, I can just go and not talk myself out of it.

The bad!
I totally ate a cupcake! I almost turned it down like Jessica did (who also made a resolve yesterday) but I didn't! Seriously, I had 7 little faces all eating them a Good News Club and it was too much to say no! Actually, it really wasn't. I could have said no just like Jessica did. I'm not going to beat myself up but I will remind myself of this moment in the future and try to say no next time.

So that was my day. I also read some more success stories- *Sigh* It's all I was fat, now skinny. Which is great, but they never show the blood sweat and tears that it takes to get there! O well

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

    My Hubby and Me :)

    My Hubby and Me :)
    Hiking during the Fall

    A Reidly Lifestyle

    I want to make some positive changes in my health by eating primaly and getting active so I can look and feel better. I also hope that by starting young I can lower my chances of health problems.

    I want to be all I can be for my God, my husband, and my future kids and I think a big part of that is taking care of myself so I can take care of them and serve God to the best of my abilities.

    I also thought I should blog about it ; ) Hope it goes well :)
Powered by Blogger.

Followers


Recent Comments