Suck it up.

I'm sitting at my computer right now watching Hell's kitchen and knitting and trying to keep my mind off what is in the kitchen.


So today, I decided to fast until I got home at 3:30. So I made some eggs with broccoli, bacon bits, and green onion and seasonings. The problem is that maybe 1/3 of it is sitting on my table right now.

My book wanted me to eat until I felt "a little under satisfied" and then wait 15 min to see if I was A) still hungry B) full - it just took some time to realize it. *Sigh* well, yes, I'm full. But that doesn't change the fact that I still want to eat it! I still know it's sitting there and that it'll taste good! Grr. So sucky.

So I'm going to take this time to explore this emotion/situation. Why is it so important to me to eat this RIGHT NOW even though I could eat it later?
I have no clue. Jesus help me. I'm really not sure what to do. I'll try to focus my thoughts on You and pray for You to take away my unhealthy desire but I really don't think there is a practical answer to this. I think I just have to obey (eating to the glory of God) regardless of the feelings I have about it. I want to choose You. Help me to put my flesh under Your control and be ok with feeling "uhappy, sucky, or even empty." I'm going to give this to You EVERY time.

This is going to be rough.

On another note:
I was SO hungry today. And I started to get really upset that I'm doing this Whole 30 thing. I really wanted coconut chocolate covered almond balls that I saw in a recipe again. I was frustrated because I was feeding a "what's the point" attitude. However, I think that was because I was hungry, gained weight, cold and stuck in school. I decided that I don't want to make a decision that like when I'm at a "low" point AND that I didn't go 11 days of this already to have them not really count. So there. I am however debating on if I"m going 30 or 60 and I think that's fair. We'll have to see :)

posted under , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

    My Hubby and Me :)

    My Hubby and Me :)
    Hiking during the Fall

    A Reidly Lifestyle

    I want to make some positive changes in my health by eating primaly and getting active so I can look and feel better. I also hope that by starting young I can lower my chances of health problems.

    I want to be all I can be for my God, my husband, and my future kids and I think a big part of that is taking care of myself so I can take care of them and serve God to the best of my abilities.

    I also thought I should blog about it ; ) Hope it goes well :)
Powered by Blogger.

Followers


Recent Comments