lookin' good!

"I now think of myself as a strong, athletic woman, capable of anything."
I began CrossFit two months after I had my first baby. I had gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy and was anxious to get it all off! I had begun working out 2 weeks after the baby was born - mostly just walking & sit ups, but the weight wasn't going anywhere! I lost an initial 20 lbs straight out if the hospital but what was I going to do with the remaining 30? And it wasn't budging!
Emotionally, I have experienced the incredible joy of meeting & getting to know my little amazing bundle of joy, while at the same learning how to let go of my career and the life I know to adapt to this new one....lets just say BIG changes. I am also a single mother, so the stress levels and worries of that can be very trying. The lack of sleep with a baby is exhausting. I would say mentally & emotionally I have been through a lot the past 2 years...both wonderful yet stressful. My pregnancy had also changed my body drastically and scared the life out of me that I would never have my body back.





Within 3 months I had lost most of the "baby weight" and was nearly back down to my normal weight. I am now trimmer, leaner & stronger than I was even before the baby...thanks to my inspiring sister and coach, Jessica and CrossFit!

I now think of myself as a strong, athletic woman, capable of anything. I honestly did not think I would last a month inCrossFit Women's class, it just seemed too hard and I didn't consider myself athletic enough to be able to do any of it. I have sailed right on through that thought and I now know I can push my body and mind beyond any limits.
Lost over 30lbs, dropped 13% body fat, 4 inches, & 5 dress sizes!

I am so much stronger emotionally, mentally & physically! I was terrified to do CrossFit and didn't think I could handle it. Just 4 months I have noticed muscle definition in my arms, abs, back & legs. My knees, which have bothered me for 8 years are suddenly fine, which I think is due to new found muscle strength. CrossFit has given me confidence and mental clarity to believe in myself and the possibilities. I have a ton more energy and just feel physically fit, healthy & strong

posted under , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

    My Hubby and Me :)

    My Hubby and Me :)
    Hiking during the Fall

    A Reidly Lifestyle

    I want to make some positive changes in my health by eating primaly and getting active so I can look and feel better. I also hope that by starting young I can lower my chances of health problems.

    I want to be all I can be for my God, my husband, and my future kids and I think a big part of that is taking care of myself so I can take care of them and serve God to the best of my abilities.

    I also thought I should blog about it ; ) Hope it goes well :)
Powered by Blogger.

Followers


Recent Comments