Even better!

TESTIMONIALS


"Since joining CFCentral I haven't changed who I am so much as I have become who I really am - Feeling more me than ever before."
prior to crossfit central:
I joined Crossfit Central in February of 2008. I had been married for 2 years and had put on about 25 lbs since I had gotten engaged. I had a membership to 24 hour fitness did what I thought I was supposed to do...30-45 minutes on the treadmill or elyptical machine and then dabble in some of weight machines. I was getting nowhere and I dreaded going to the gym. Between feeling worn out all the time and not feeling confident in the kitchen, my husband and I were the king and queen of take out.
I was very unhappy about my body and my eating because I didn't see an end to my weight gain if I kept up my lifestyle. I wanted so badly to feel strong and healthy. I wanted so badly to know how to cook and to enjoy cooking. I wanted so badly to feel like I was someone with energy who could act on ideas I had, rather than put them off.







since taking on crossfit central programs:
I have had overwhelming results since joining CFCentral. The physically strong and lean body I have always wished I could have...I finally do!
I have lost 30 lbs, 27% body fat, 4 dress sizes
I completely lost all cellulite on my legs and can see muscle definition all over my body. It's amazing to think that this was a body I thought I would never achieve. Breaking through mental barriers is one of the most rewarding parts of crossfit. The best part of my day is the drive home from the gym when the sun is coming up. I feel so alive and so present and most importantly so proud of myself for what I just accomplished.
These attitude adjustments carry over to all aspects of my life and it is beyond empowering. How can I have a dream in my career or personal life and say to myself "I CAN'T accomplish that" when only a few hours prior I shocked myself by lifting 180 lbs? It's not possible. The mental strength you develop through the crossfit experience really give you the tools to make the rest of your life what you want it to be.
I was once in a defeating mental pattern, now I am in an empowering one where positive changes reinforce and allow for more positive changes. I have also been able to work on changing one of the most difficult mental barriers I have: procrastination. When you are in a workout sometimes just jumping on that box and DOING IT NOW means you are one step closer to the tough workout being over - There is nothing like the adrenaline of the crossfit workout and the energy of the fellow crossfitters to just make you DO IT! Once you do that enough, you are literally retraining your brain to think that way.
Crossfit is not about incorporating healthy habits into your life...it is more than that. It is about changing your life so that you live health and wellness. It's about empowering yourself to be who you want to be and to live the life that you dream. And this is what makes crossfit different than any other fitness program and, more importantly, this is why crossfit works. There is such a wonderfully supportive, loving, & like-minded community surrounding you, it's actually harder to stop showing up. That's the CrossFit Central difference!

posted under , |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

    My Hubby and Me :)

    My Hubby and Me :)
    Hiking during the Fall

    A Reidly Lifestyle

    I want to make some positive changes in my health by eating primaly and getting active so I can look and feel better. I also hope that by starting young I can lower my chances of health problems.

    I want to be all I can be for my God, my husband, and my future kids and I think a big part of that is taking care of myself so I can take care of them and serve God to the best of my abilities.

    I also thought I should blog about it ; ) Hope it goes well :)
Powered by Blogger.

Followers


Recent Comments