6 mos. Update! Assesment #2

Well, I went U of A for my second physical assestment after exactly 6 months. 

And everything improved! Can't say I'm suprised, I didn't need a test to tell me that ; D

So here's the basic break up:

Resting heart rate: 
Dec. 93 / Jun. 86

Systolic Blood Pressure:
Dec. 120 / Jun. 104

Diastolic Blood Pressure:
Dec. 79 / Jun. 70

Body Fat:
Dec.39.3  / Jun. 33.0

Aerobic Fitness:
Dec. Middle of "Fit"  / Jun. 1/4 of the way into Excellent

Back Flexablitlity:
Both times I was excellent. I have no clue how 

Curl ups: 
Both times excellent.

1RM Bench Press:
Dec. 105 / Jun. 116 (.69)

Height:
Same :(

Weight 
- 35 :D

Triceps Skinfold
- 18.5

Suprailium Skinfold
- 1.5

Thigh Skinfold
- 17.0

Water:
Dec. 92.1 / Jun. 84.2 

Prot/Min:
Dec. 31.7 / Jun. 29. 0 

Fat:
Dec. 80.2 / Jun. 55.8


Needless to say, I'm really happy. I'll let the numbers speak for themselves and here's a picture my husband took of me on our 1st year anniversary cruise a few weeks ago:

U of Akron gives a free assestment each calender year so the earliest I'll beable to get my next one is in January of 12. Which is good because that gives me 7 mos to go from slightly obese to overweight to fit :D 

I really think it's going to be a good 7 mos. Looking back I did pretty darn good. My goal was to lose 24-48 lbs (safe and healthy) in 6 mos and I landed in the middle at 35. That was including quite a bit of cheating, my sister having a baby (stress) and a cruise (I ate everything in sight!). 

Nate and I just ordered Everyday Paleo and it's been really good for me. It's organized, motivated, and centered me for the next part of my journey. My goal is to lose another 20 lbs by the time school starts (Aug. 22) and from there to January lose the rest. I've come to really like long distance walking with running spurts when I feel like it. I hope I come to love it, not just as a tool to get fit, but as a part of my life that I enjoy.

I love being Primal/Paleo :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

    My Hubby and Me :)

    My Hubby and Me :)
    Hiking during the Fall

    A Reidly Lifestyle

    I want to make some positive changes in my health by eating primaly and getting active so I can look and feel better. I also hope that by starting young I can lower my chances of health problems.

    I want to be all I can be for my God, my husband, and my future kids and I think a big part of that is taking care of myself so I can take care of them and serve God to the best of my abilities.

    I also thought I should blog about it ; ) Hope it goes well :)
Powered by Blogger.

Followers


Recent Comments